MOBILE GROOMING SALON COMPANY POLICIES
1. Vaccinations: We require all dogs we service over the age of 6 months to be up to date on their rabies and distemper vaccinations.
2. Physical and Medical Conditions: The process of grooming may be stressful and can sometimes expose or exacerbate an unknown condition. The groomers of Groomington Coat Factory will always report any critical reactions to the owner. While we cannot diagnose a condition, we may advise the owner to seek veterinary attention. If your dog has any medical problems, Groomington Coat Factory requests to be made aware of them (i.e. heart, kidney, or liver disorders, arthritis, bone, joint, or surgical sites, etc.) in order to implement the proper steps needed to keep your dog comfortable and stress-free. If your dog becomes too stressed from the grooming process, we will stop immediately and the groom will conclude at whatever step we are at. If this occurs, pricing will be determined.
3. Fleas and Ticks: If fleas or ticks are found on your dog, the condition will be treated. There will be an additional cost as there is more involved for this service. If there is a severe infestation, (i.e. more than 20) we will need to reschedule and may recommend veterinary assistance.
4. Aggression: Groomington Coat Factory will apply special handling charges for any wild, or moderately aggressive behaving dogs. We require notification of this history and reserve the right to refuse grooming services if we deem your pet as too vicious to the point of hurting itself, or the groomer. They are unable to be safely controlled and if the groomer is bitten, the owner is responsible for any/all hospitalization bills that may arise.
5. Matted Pets: We will not subject a pet to dematting. At Groomington Coat Factory, we believe extreme dematting is an inhumane treatment as it is both painful and traumatic to your dog. We will authorize you to have us strip/shave down your pet by going underneath the mats if we feel it is the best solution. We will NEVER strip/shave down your dog without your consent.
There will be an additional charge for this service as it requires additional blades, extra coolant for the clipper, and additional time to slowly and carefully get under the pet’s mats. It has been our professional experience that when a pet is “shaved down” or “stripped” as it is referred to in this business, pre-existing conditions may appear. When a pet is extremely matted, air is unable to get through to his/her skin which thereby causes the skin to become sensitive, sore, and difficult to heal under the mats. Please note that we promise to try our best to preserve any parts of the coat where possible, while making your pet feel comfortable and fetching.
6. Cancellations: Life doesn’t always go as we planned, and we understand schedules sometimes change. If you must cancel, we kindly request that you do so 48 HOURS PRIOR to your appointment date. This way, we will be able to schedule another dog in your appointment slot as we are traditionally booked a week in advance! Missed appointments without notice will be charged the full rate. This fee will be collected before we will reschedule your next appointment with us.
7. What to Expect Upon Arrival:
- You will receive an email or text message 1 to 2 days prior to your appointment date. We do not call to confirm your grooming appointment the day before. If you are unsure about an upcoming appointment and do NOT hear from us via email or text message by 5:00 p.m. the night before, PLEASE call us at (201) 669-5170 to confirm!
- We do not require someone to be home. After the groomer has met either a guardian or homeowner, pet owners may leave an alternate way to access the pet in the case that no one is home (i.e. leaving a key, a garage code, leaving a specified door open) With the owner’s instruction, the home will be locked up after the grooming is complete and the pet is returned.
- We strongly encourage you to set up your pet on a 2,4 or 6 week schedule to ensure availability. We schedule all of our appointments based upon location. Any pets not on a consistent schedule may have to wait until we are in their area again for an appointment.
- Payment of services is expected at the completion of your grooming service. We do not refund money for grooming services that can be corrected. We accept CASH AND CHECKS ONLY. Any overdue payments are subject to a late fee. Returned checks are charged a fee of $35.